Down to the end...hopefully sooner than later


Here I am...just about 36 weeks pregnant! We went to the doctor yesterday and here is the new info: I lost 3 pounds...not sure how that happened, but I have only gained 14 pounds during this pregnancy. No I am not starving my child, you wanna know how I know that?! They did a sonogram to measure amniotic fluid, check movement and size of our lil guy and at the conclusion of the sono the tech asks us...do you have other children? We said no...she proceeded to tell us that Cooper already weighs somewhere between 7-8 pounds!!!!!!!!!! Our mouths hit the floor. ARE YOU KIDDING, I still have about 4 weeks to go. Granted I have been measuring a little bit ahead, but WOW! How can that be possible??? If I have only gained 14 pounds how can 7-8 of them be baby? What about the weight of all that other stuff?? Anyways I asked about an induction in the near future...he is ready right?! She said the sono tech wasn't even sure that the guesstimate was accurate, but that he may not be fully developed just yet. Here is the plan for now...we will go back next Tuesday and they will do another sono to see if they get the same result. At that point I will be almost 37 weeks and hopefully a discussion of an induction will be be possible. I want to make sure he is ready but I also DO NOT want to push out a 10 pound baby and I would rather not have a c-section. My solution is that Cooper needs to realize on his own that it is time to enter this world within the next 2 weeks! That would be an ideal situation :) I'll keep ya posted!

3 comments:



Unknown said...

I will have a talk with Cooper and let him know the situation. I think he will be ready to make a GRAND appearance around July 2. That is 2 weeks and 1 day and it is on a Friday. He will come into this world on that day and weigh about 8 pounds and 10 ounces. He is probably going to be about 21 inches long. He will have his very own birthday which is fine with me but Tibby is still shooting for July 10th. lol Just can't wait to see him face to face, I know he is going to be beautiful, healthy and amazing just like his Mommy and Daddy.

Mommy Mo said...

You look fabulous!!! So excited for you guys! He will be here before you know it.

Anonymous said...

You look a lot like your mom in this picture!! Cant wait to hear that baby Cooper is here and that everything went well!

Post a Comment