The last night as a family of 2!

Oh my goodness where has the time gone? I swear it was just the other day that I found out I was pregnant! In all actuality it has been 37 weeks and 3 days, but man has the time flown by!! I am being induced tomorrow morning because my blood pressure has been acting up for about the past month. Josh and I were shocked when just last Tuesday Dr. Alexis told us that she was going to put us in the books to be induced June 29th. She checked to see if I had dilated at all and to our surprise I was at 3 cm and baby had already dropped very low!! She said I was a very favorable candidate for induction since my body was beginning to do the work by itself. I am going to insist that she break my water and see if that will be the push that I need to get this party started. Party..ha!

My how things can change drastically in just ONE year. Last year on June 15- I had a D&C and just one year and two weeks later we are going to welcome a healthy baby boy into this world. God is definitley in control and I will never ask why that pregnancy didn't work out. I KNOW he has a plan and you can't ask why when things go wrong, you just have to have faith that there are other things in store.

Josh and I are sitting here on this rainy afternoon watching Tour de France clips from past years...do you think we are anxious?!! This sounds kind of pathetic-but Josh loves Lance Armstrong and he is ecstatic about the 2010 Tour de France that will begin this Saturday. However we ARE twiddling our thumbs to pass the time because we CANNOT wait to meet Cooper!! It will be so amazing to see Josh hold our son for the first time!! We have anticipated this moment for a long time now and in just 24 hours (more or less) we will be a family of 3!

I am not sure how I will sleep tonight, but I do know that I will try my best because sleep as I know it will be non-existant after today. This is totally okay because we are as ready as we will ever be. Everyone that decides to have children will have sleepless nights, you just have to pay your dues. What a small price to pay for such a precious gift! Now...off to double check our bags and finish up a few things around the house. A new chapter of our lives will begin tomorrow and life as we know it will be no more, but we are up for the challenge!

1 comments:



Natalie said...

I absolutely cannot wait to meet "our" little guy!! I love you three oh soo very much!!! And like you said we can never doubt God as he always has a plan, and this little boy is total proof of that.. Man I cannot believe how this last year has flown by.. it seems like it was just yesterday when we learned of what we thought was the worst day of all of our lives... and then it was not long after that I knew the "secret". It was soo hard not to shout it from the roof tops!!! You both will be the best parents ever and Cooper Jackson Gray is one special lil' man!!! Aunt Natalie can't wait to meet you Cooper Man!! I Love You All Forever and Always!!

Post a Comment