New Year/New Start

I feel like I have been behind on EVERYTHING since I returned from maternity leave in late August. Having a child is the absolute best thing in this world, however my world has been rocked upside down since having him!! I began this school year, wanting to be a mommy and not a teacher, so I delayed getting things ready at school. I did just enough to get by and I think that was a BIG mistake. I did not want to spend one second away from my new little man and it was a great choice because I will never get those precious moments back. I would never trade time with my son for work, but ever since then I have not been able to get back on my feet. I am currently living one day at a time and that is not going to cut it. I am struggling to get my lesson plans and weekly newsletter done in time. My principal has been so understanding and luckily she isn't checking to see if I have those things completed until Monday night or sometimes later in the week. I would like to get to the point where I am thinking weeks ahead.


Not only is my work life affected but my home life is as well. I have such an amazing husband who is being patient with his wife who before being a mommy had a touch of OCD and was on top of most everything. He packs Cooper's bags, cleans the house, washes bottles, and on and on. Yes I know these are things good dads do but he does it without one single complaint. I am so grateful to him for not giving me a hard time about getting my sh*# together.

It didn't help that I was sick with a stomach bug the weekend of Thanksgiving and the whole first week of December. What a crappy way to begin the holiday season. We were able to get the Christmas tree up, but it took a while to get it decorated (yes it was Josh that decorated the tree). It also didn't help that we have not had a free weekend to shop and do all the things that I enjoy during the holidays (sleep in, bake, watch movies, etc). And my final waa waa moment is...here it is 3 days until Christmas and I JUST got out of school for the break, and to top it off I am not done shopping. No real complaining here, I am thankful for the time off, just a little angry that we are the last district in Texas to begin our Winter break.

So here is my solution...We are just days away from ringing in the new year and I plan to have a (cliche I know) new year's resolution. Everyone needs a list of things that they can do to improve themselves and it could not come at a better time for me. I need a change of pace, a new start and I promise that I will work hard to get my act together. I plan to get an organized start at school, give a balance of energy to work and my boys at home. I want to not feel so utterly exhausted when I get home. I want to really LOVE on Josh and Cooper. And I want to feel like a successful teacher, mother and wife! With all that being said 2010 has been good to my family and I and I hope 2011 brings lots of joy as well! I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy Happy New Year! Blessings to you all!

0 comments:



Post a Comment