Goodbye 904 Vicksburg Lane

We are almost all moved out of our very first home. The whole thing moved VERY fast! We had a realtor come to our house so that we could sign a listing agreement on a Thursday night and the following day she brought us a buyer! WOW! It was unbelievable! Sure enough he had been pre-approved and was serious about wanting our house. This all happened less than a month ago and we are closing at the end of this week. I am so thankful that we were able to sell that fast, however I wasn't expecting to have to leave our very first home so soon!!


Where are we going to live you ask...well we opted to live at my parents house, no not with my parents. We have moved into a 600 square foot "room" with a small kitchen and bathroom, we call it the pool house, it has also been referred to as the love shack! Ha! I use the word room because it is one big open room. It is behind my parent's house, technically it is in the backyard. It is like a small to med size one bedroom apartment. We have all we need...our bed, part of our sectional couch (not enough room for the entire thing), t.v. cabinet, dresser, Cooper's crib, changing table and armoir. It is also equipped with a complete kitchen-fridge, dishwasher, oven and a shower in the bathroom. I do have to say our set up is quite cozy. I guess it better be, we will be living here for the next 4-6 months. We are living here to save money so that we can build a house. We will not have a mortgage payment, rent or any bills associated with having a house, this will allow us to save, save, save!! What a blessing! We were hoping this would happen, but now that it has I have been a bit emotional. Emotional because...packing/moving is stressful, I haven't had much time in the last week with Cooper due to all the packing, going from a 1500 sq. foot house to a 600 sq. foot room, and knowing that our lives are going to be turned upside down for the next several months.

I loved our first little home! I will always remember... bringing Cooper home for the first time, his infant photo shoot, feeling safe at night by myself, Josh and the next door neighbor competing for the "best" yard, Barry and Candy our favorite neighbors, Ellie frolicking in the backyard...the memories go on and on and I will never forget. I know we will go on to make many many more memories as a family in our new home. I will post progress on our new home as soon as things begin!

When I am able to find my camera cord somewhere in all the mess I will post pictures of our love shack!

Much Love,
Bronwyn

0 comments:



Post a Comment