What a day!

It started off just grand at 12:45 am, when Cooper woke up SCREEEEEAMING, and again at 3:45 and AGAIN at 6:45! Wow...my poor baby is definitely teething. He is repeating all the signs that he had right before he got his first two teeth...not eating, not sleeping, fussy to the point of being angry. Normally he is cool chillin by himself, smiles a lot and is loving towards most people, but right now the slightest move can break his heart. I feel so sorry for him. Needless to say our night was sleepless.


Then today I saw one of my student's moms in the car line after school and she said..." Are you having a hard time with my daughter?" I said not really we are just having a hard time with her listening skills lately. She proceeds to tell me yeah Lexi said "Mrs. Gray used to be nice and now she's not" HA! As much as I was like, good, I want to be "tough" my heart broke a little bit. I really have been on edge with my kiddos lately and I need to take a step back and CHILL! It is so easy to get wrapped up in the school part and I really need to give my kids some love!! They need it more than I probably know.

Oh and about the car line at school...I was the one in charge of calling out all the names of our car riders today. This should not be a big task, however this is something that I have never done before. There are normally a couple people that do this and they do it very well. It was so nerve wracking to keep up the pace and pronounce all the names somewhat correctly.

The day continues...Just as I get home, (and I say that loosely now) to rest before having to return to school for Dual Language night, I get a call from Amorey telling me her car is not starting and she is stuck at Target. So I jump in the car and rush to help Amorey, when I get a call from my neighbor telling me she had my dog. Ellie had some how snuck out of the backyard but was luckily found and rescued. I am so thankful, because my dog is my stand in daughter and I would DIE if anything happened to her. Thanks Regan and Teri! Needless to say I did not make it back to school.

Sheeesh! It has not been a bad day just weird. I am so thankful that I can take a step back and look at this day and learn that I need to give my kids a little more precious attention. Also the lord was watching out for my dog. She is a runner and could have easily ran off and been gone forever. (Her collar was not on... Yikes!) I will say my prayers tonight and hope that I get some sleep. I will start over tomorrow, hoping for a better day!

Have you had a weird day lately?

Much love,

Bronwyn


0 comments:



Post a Comment