No sew curtains



A few months ago I came across a blog ala Pinterest (Impartinggrace.com) and I found the perfect way to spice up my four, very large living room windows. I just knew that I could handle the task because it was a 'no sew' project!! So I went on the hunt for a stand out fabric that would rock my windows! I found it at Hobby Lobby and I was pumped, but I was boggled on how much fabric to buy! I obviously measured the windows, but I was still unsure, because I would be draping the fabric over tension rods. I took some advice from my mom and I purchased the fabric.

When I got home I divided all the fabric into the same measurements and had 4 huge pieces of fabric. I measured my windows across and found out that the width was 34 1/2 inches. I pinned my fabric so that it was even all the way down. After pinning I used the no sew iron on adhesive and simply started ironing.





I cut strips of adhesive from pin to pin, put it up where the fold was and then placed my hot iron on top of it for a minute then kept going all the way around my fabric.


After the sides were 'hemmed' I did the same with the bottom. For the top I went ahead and put my expansion rod at the top, folded the fabric over the rod and then used the no sew adhesive tape again. I did this so that I did not have trouble slipping the rod into the curtain later.



Once the piece was 'hemmed' all the way around, I hung up the rod/curtain combo in my window.


Then I took two more expansion rods and placed them on top of the fabric, one at a time, looping the fabric.







After the rods were in place I evened up the fabric to make all 4 windows look the same.



This was an overall easy process and I would say successful too!

0 comments:



Post a Comment