A decade of love!

This is the day Josh and I began dating 10 years ago!! We now like to refer to it as our dating anniversary. I absolutely cannot believe we have already spent 10 years of our lives together and we are both still so young. 10 years together today April 10, 2010

Our relationship officially began April 10, 2000 but we had known each other for years. Lacy Eaton and I were inseperable through our elementary school days and it just so happens that Josh and her brother Billy were pretty tight as well. Josh, Billy and a few other of their friends would tease/pester us. Let's face it we were the younger more obnoxious little girls and they were the cool older boys. Years went on and I had not seen, heard, or talked to Josh since we were practically babies. Then about the time Josh was a sophomore in high school my mom, brother and I saw him at the donut shop. I made the comment that he had a cute butt. He was all dressed up in his baseball uniform. My brother then took that information and shared it with a friend of his, Lauren Parker, who was friends with Josh's sister Amy. Anyway the comment made it back to Josh and he liked me but I was too young. An eighth grader...yeah he was too cool for me, still!

Well a year rolled around and I was finally a ninth grader. It was fate because Josh and I rode the school bus together and I just drooled over him every day on the ride home. I was WAY to shy to talk to him, but somehow we connected around the middle of March 2000 and began to talk on the phone A LOT! There was only one problem now...we were both dating someone else. There was no stopping us, we both cut ties with our bf/gf at the time and decided to give our relationship a try.

We were still a very new couple when Josh's junior prom rolled around. He asked me to go and I told him No! I told him no because I was still in shock that this sexy older guy was interested in ME! I was sure that I was a bet between Josh and his friends and that he was just trying to get with me on prom night. He showed up in his tux and everything still thinking I might join him. I stuck to my guns and said no once more. He went to prom alone :(, but returned early to spend the rest of the night with me. I guess you could say the rest is history!

Yes, of course we had our break-ups and drama that any young couple would normally experience, but there was something more between us. An unexplainable love that has grown so deep over the years! My emotional side is coming out a bit more now that I am pregnant, but as I look through pictures and all of our love notes, cards, etc. this morning I began to cry. I have such a wonderful man in my life and I am so incredibly lucky to be able to call him my husband and soon he will be the father of our little guy,Cooper. Time has flown by, but we can truly say we have lived a fairy tale love! I know we will live Happily Ever After! My life is perfect and I could not ask for more. I love you Josh Gray and I look forward to the next decades of our lives.



Headed to prom-Josh's senior year! 2001


Prom-my junior year 2002


Operation graduation photo-my senior year 2003...we were ready to take the plunge way back then!


Random pic around 2003-2004


Megan and Rusty's wedding- 2005


San Antonio 2005


Mayfest 2005


December 24, 2005-He proposed!


Engagement picture- June 2006


Wedding Shower-Fall 2006


Wedding Day! December 30, 2006

4 comments:



Jenn said...

OMG, Friend I love all the photos! You guys look like such babies! Love you both, hope to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

I think the pregnancy hormones have you a little mushy gushy because you failed to remember part of why yall were talking on the bus. Remember him spitting his dip out of the window and it flying into your hair!!! So happy for your life together and the little life preparing to come!!!

Bron said...

For the record, it wasn't Josh's dip. It was a disgusting kid, I will always remember that gross moment.

Mommy Mo said...

What a sweet post!!! Love it!

Post a Comment