The baby bump is officially in the way!

My little guy has been getting bigger right before my eyes for weeks now. It is so precious to feel his tiny body moving around inside of me. I am just about 30 weeks now and I am beginning to feel winded when I get in and out of bed. It is definitely getting more difficult to get comfortable and I have added another pillow to my nightly collection!

Our dog Ellie sleeps at the foot of our bed and has been getting up around 2 am for a late night run around the backyard and/or a snack for sometime now. Josh and I have been rotating nights to take care of our Ellie girl until..............NOW. I think Josh is going to have to pick up my shifts because I simply cannot do it anymore.

Last night was my night to let her out, so I do. It wasn't that simple of course, I had to roll out of bed and stumble through the living room. While she is outside strutting around the backyard, I head right back to bed. It could be minutes or hours before she decides she (Miss Priss) is ready to come back in. I should have known better because as soon as I get situated in my cozy bed, I hear her paws at the back door. So, I sigh VERY LOUDLY, hoping Josh will hear me, but of course he doesn't. Her crying doesn't phase him...I am the light sleeper that will be bothered all night if I don't let her back in. So here I go again back through the living room this time a little irritated. I bend down to open the door, wipe off her wet feet and just before I get her little body completely through the door, I slam it along with her tail! OH CRAP!! She yelped SO loud and I immediately began to cry. I think it was a combination of exhaustion and yes again- pregnancy hormones. I have not had a breakdown since the frozen pizza incident, just FYI :)

After the loud cry Josh came into the living room curious as to what was going on. (I am still sobbing) He tells me to go back to bed and he checks on Ellie and her tail. We all crawl back in bed and he holds me while I continue to weep! Thank you babe...but your on dog duty until Cooper gets here!!

1 comments:



McW said...

Josh Does Need to Take Over Ellie Duty! I Love Reading Your Post Though! Proud of you Little Momma! xoxo

Post a Comment