Moving on

We are down to the last few nights in our love shack and I must say it is bittersweet! I DID NOT think I would be sad at all about leaving our very small temporary home but I kinda am!


I am looking forward to living in a house that is quadruple the size of the place/room we are in now. I can't wait to have a closet again! The majority of my clothes are in an extra closet inside my parents' house, and a very small selection of my clothes are in a cabinet that I share with my hubby. My winter shoes are in a box in the garage and my summer shoes are in a pile in the bathroom. :( I cannot wait for Cooper to have his own room again! It has been VERY difficult living around him while he sleeps. I am thrilled to have a spacious kitchen so that I can cook again! I will be happy to have more than one tv around! Josh and I like a lot of the same shows, but I miss watching tv in the bedroom while he hangs out in the living room! I am pumped about Cooper's playroom! For the last 5 months he has been playing with the same bunch of toys because we just don't have the space to pull everything out! The last two things excite me the most...having a washer and dryer and a good air conditioner!!! I don't have to walk very far to use mom and dad's w & d but it is such a pain to haul all our laundry over there and then decide where it's going to go once it's dry. All of us Texans are VERY aware of the awful summer heat and boy is it HOT in our "house" by the end of the day! The window unit is working so hard to beat the heat and the high setting is not strong enough! The blinds are down the curtains are drawn and the fan is on high, we've done all we can. The sun sets right into the door and it feels like we are sitting on the sun, especially in the bathroom! I cannot put on my make up or blow dry my hair in our bathroom after 11am, it's too hot, miserable!

With all that being said I am so thankful that my mom and dad have allowed us to live in their backyard since the end of Feb. We cooked dinner together, spent many nights chilling on the back porch with a beverage, spent many weekends swimming and laying out, etc. My parents enjoyed play time with Cooper and my mom loved rocking him to sleep each night! I got emotional when we moved out of our house 5 months ago and I am emotional about leaving now. I just got used to being close to home again! Enough of the sadness! We are so excited to start yet another chapter in a new home in a new town.

0 comments:



Post a Comment